I started this blog, and the previous blog, to keep a record of life and how it changes as a family, namely ours, grows. The plan for Poppy Seed to Pumpkin was to document the pregnancy and then have it printed and bound. That is still the plan, we just haven't gotten around to it. I'm not sure what the plan for this blog is yet. Will it continue after 365 Days In? Will it continue until our family grows again and then I'll start a new blog? Not sure. And not going to worry too much about it now. Either way, I do like the idea of turning these digital family memories into print.
A friend of mine made an alphabet photo book for her son's first birthday using photos of the things that he loved. I am absolutely stealing that idea. But we're going to start with a numbers book for the first year (1-12, including each month's photo). We'll get to an alphabet book and maybe a colors book for later years. And then maybe a calendar.
Obviously, another good way to turn digital memories to print is to actually print out the photos. But printing out all of the photos we have would take up a ridiculous amount of space. We'll stick to printing out photos for special occasions.
We used a Fresh Lemonade Print from Shutterfly for The Boy's birth announcement and were quite pleased with the outcome:
Now looking through their holiday card collection, I am pleasantly overwhelmed:
And those are just from Fresh Lemonade. There are pages upon pages of others. Oy.
And now, not only do I have to choose which design I like best, we have to decide whether to send out a family photo or a photo of just The Boy. Thoughts?
****
Fellow bloggers, you can receive 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly too! Find out how! Thanks to my cousin, Kari, for sharing this with me!


1 comment:
Personally I prefer a photo of the whole family. We're going to try to get a good shot of the three of us, since we sent out a picture of just Delilah on her birth announcement less than 2 months ago.
Allie
Post a Comment