7.27.2010

40 Days In (Bottle It Up)

I was sort of dreading introducing a bottle to The Boy. I like our time nursing. I loathe having to pump. It is just a step toward me going back to work. I was convinced he would refuse it, making it a terrible experience for all of us.

We decided that The Dad would do it this week. With my 6-week appointment coming up on Friday, I'm hoping that I'll be able to run soon (Woohoo!), so I figured if he starts taking an occasional bottle, it will give me a little flexibility with running.

Thankfully, the experience was not as terrible as we thought it might be. He did beautifully with the bottle. And The Dad really enjoyed his time getting to feed him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can definately relate to the not wanting to introduce the bottle - but I remember how excited Ben was when he could feed Cody. Love the picture :-D
Try not to think about coming back to work just enjoy the rest of your time (just know we miss seeing your face)
Love Ya,
Carla