2.14.2011

242 Days In (A True Test of Love)

Two days ago (Saturday), after being up with The Boy in the morning, I turned to my husband and said, "I'm not sure how you do it. He's exhausting." Three days during the week, The Dad spends his days with The Boy and then goes to work in the evenings for 10-hour shifts. He made it 242 days before having to call in the reserves. (For the record, I called him in last month.)

Today was a test in teamwork. The Boy was winning this morning, boycotting going back to sleep after nursing this morning (before I left for work). And then boycotting his regular morning nap. Meaning, The Dad, who had to work this evening, had been up since 6:45. He made it until noon before calling me. When I got home, the little one had just fallen asleep. Thirty minutes later, he was awake. He and I set out for a ride in the car to let The Dad get some sleep before work.

I am truly amazed by and eternally grateful for my husband. Watching him become "The Dad" he is is the best gift(Valentine's or otherwise) I could ever, ever imagine. Thank you. Thank you for being my teammate. I think we're doing a damn good job.




Yes, my almost 8-month-old is dancing to You Sexy Thing. Deal with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh too cute! love the dancing!Stephanie