Let me preface the rest of this by sharing this headline from People (my guilty pleasure): Christina Applegate to Be World's First Hippie, Type-A Mom. Certainly not, as this is a pretty good description of my parenting style. While this should not surprise anyone who knows me, the Type-A side of me uses this iPhone app religiously to track his feeding, sleeping, baths, etc. Despite my urgings, The Dad did not download it. Anyhow...
We are fortunate to be in a position where we work opposite shifts. So when I went back to work today, The Boy stayed home in the excellent care of The Dad. Knowing that I'd be asking, The Dad kept a written diary of the day. He figured I'd want to input the info into my app. (What I really want is for him to download it too so then we could sync the info wirelessly - seriously, how cool?) This is how the first part of the day read:
Up @ 7:10 - Picked him up, burped in my face
Wet diaper
Peed on table, cleaned #2
Pooped on table, cleaned #3
Pooped on table, cleaned #4
It's still making me laugh.
The day seemed to go pretty well here at home. Except The Boy is NOT a good napper. He sleeps well at night, but he fights, fights, fights it during the day. Not ideal for a tired Dad.
And while I missed my boys terribly, I enjoyed interacting with other adults for a while and was warmly welcomed back by my colleagues. But I'm so thankful that it's only part-time for a few weeks before I go back full-time. And I was so glad to be home for snuggles and bathtime.

2 comments:
Oh Sara, I was thinking about you all day. I'm sure it was hard to leave the boy for several hours. Glad to hear that it went well and we are certainly fortunate to work with so many good people. Hugs to you!
I thought you meant "hippie" like you'd be living in your VW van. I'm pretty sure that's been done before, too.
Post a Comment