7.20.2010

33 Days In (Updates)



Had his 1-month check-up today. 11 pounds, 1 ounce and 21 1/2 inches. Definitely growing well! Good news - likely not allergies! The rash that's not going away is a yeast infection, so now we know how to treat it and I'm starting to get some dairy (and chocolate) back into my diet.

Our doctor was really wonderful about listening and respecting our wishes about an alternative vaccination schedule, which is somewhat of a compromise between Dr Sears' selective and alternative schedules. But I've also found a holistic pediatrician who is closer to home that I'm thinking of contacting...

He seems to have adopted a nighttime sleep routine. He goes down around 8:30ish, wakes between 1:00 and 2:00 to eat, then again around 5:00, but then goes back down until 8:00ish. It's been nice! Of course now that I've typed that, it will all go to hell tonight.

Also we've seen some more social smiles this week! Not just gas smiles in his sleep. And more coos and gurgles, not just crying and grunting.  Very exciting!



Ignore the blurriness - these were taken on my phone and he was shaking his head like a mad man. You can see his dimple in the photo on the right!

He's hanging out in the cocoon for his new stroller - the Phil & Teds Dash. Very fancy, but we got it on sale because it was the floor model. It looks great though! We broke it in with a walk at Castle Island the other night. Can't wait to run with it (even though it says you're not supposed to... we're going to try to figure out how to lock the front wheel so I can do it safely).

2 comments:

nana said...

sara

jack's pic is sooooooo cute! he is incredible!!!!!!! he would not be so healthy, so alert, without such wonderful parents! i love you all!

much love,

jod/mom/nana

Melissa said...

Your little man is so so cute! I cannot even stand it! It has got to be great to see all those smiles!